Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Honest and Meaningless Truth -

The honest truth? I'm annoyed. I'm annoyed at the fact that I can't seem to grasp the things I want because I can't be bothered going after them or because I'm afraid. And I'm tired. I'm tired of not doing anything about it. I'm tired of sitting on my ass, wishing for a silver plater to fall out of the sky, with my three wishes on it, that I wished upon the evening star for. But guess what? It isn't gonna happen is it?

The motto of this story? I hate New Years resolutions... I hate them, truly. Because no matter what I wish for, big or small, I fail. And like most others, one of those resolutions is always to be healthy, to lose a bit of weight, to entirely look after myself body and soul... Fail. I've eaten more suger in this month then I have in, lets say, forever. I haven't done any exercise. I've slept into the early hours of the afternoon, and the most I've done these holidays is wished someone would whisk me away on some amazing trip outside of my living room (or even just get me outside).

So no, this years resolution is not to have 'no resolutions' but to have one in particular that allows me to be content in the absense of success. My resolution is to be accepting of what I have and make peace with what ever that may be. It may be those few extra inches on my waist, but hey! I've never had a dream of being a size zero, I have to accept my polynesion genetics and I'm totaly cool with it. Or it may be the fact that I don't like being out of my comfort zone but I'm definitely gonna have to get over that one because if I want to be on stage... Well, my comfort zone is what it is but I'm just going to have accept that I need to get over it.

So you see, this way, I will never be disapointed. Because atleast I don't have 'nothing'. I have a body, a mind, a voice, a home to live in, schooling, necesities of life... It's a lot more than some.

So my New Year resolution is to just be happy, accepting and content. I'm pretty sure that can't be too hard. Oh well, if it's another fail I'll be sure to tell you... Honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment