Monday, January 9, 2012

The Honest and Meaningless Truth -

It was Saturday 7th of January, and for a few days or perhaps even a few weeks, I had been considering adopting a kitten. Like most people my age (or at least I'd like to think so), the thought of having a cute, fluffy, miniature cat would be a breeze to look after, especially when you are an animal person (which I am). But as per usual (like most people my age), we do not think of the long term consequences. And then it hit me. After I stared into my kittens eyes, wide and wondrous, the thought flooded into my adolescent mind... I am no longer a child. But the 'oh so wise' words of Britney Spears' song, I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman also managed to drizzle from the clouds in my skull, however vacant and vast it may seem to me.

And no, these thoughts do not occur every time I stare into Astro's eyes. But the thought of having to actually take care of him was slightly daunting when he was introduced to the dog that also happens to take residence at this house. As you could imagine it did not play out as the optimistic and obviously over enthusiastic dream I had in my head. Although, I was rather fascinated when the dog peed itself and my 9 week old kitten did not. The dog is not small either. She is rather large, the size of a Golden Lab but shaded like a Border Colly.

This also got me thinking... A little kitten, the same size as my shoe ( 9 inches), valiantly stood up to it's life long nemesis, 10 times it's size, without any hesitation... It's as if the 'Great Beings' themselves were up in the sky playing out my life in front of my eyes, using my own pets as their puppets. And the motto of their story was, "Emmiline, what the hell is this bullsh*t? Get your butt off that chair, stop typing your damn nonsense and man the heck up! Because you see, child, blabbing on about your crap will not enable you to surpass your fears. The ones you hold over your life to come. The fear of you failing at your new school... The fear of everything and anything at all..." 

And you know what my reply is, to who ever it is that sits upstairs?

...

Okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment