Monday, January 9, 2012

The Honest and Meaningless Truth -

I love it when people talk sh*t. Even when I speak words of complete and utter crap it seems slightly amusing. And I'm being honest, it's funny. Because at the end of the day, who is really listening? I'm entirely sure that 90% of the words I say are forgotten in less than 0.5 seconds and the 10% that is remembered was something outrageous (like gossip) or complete and utter custard pie. So... Why do we continue to say such things? I'd be rather surprised if I were the only one on the planet who makes their previous adventures seem a little more interesting than they actually were (confession right there)... Or when you're telling your girlfriends you met this guy. "He was as fit as Chris Hemsworth (Thor)!!" But the honest truth is, he's more of a Ben Stiller (not a confession there)...

So as I skimmed through the over accumulated thoughts of my fellow Facebookers I realised how much crap we actually talk about, not that I'm ever going to stop of course. I suppose we could all narrow it down to that feeling of completion, the feeling of being 'cool' (what ever that is), the feeling of being the center of attention (even if only for a few minutes). Let's face it, we all want to be heard, have our feelings expressed, have our hearts held by that one person out there amongst the other 7 billion (not to let your hopes down).

I think what I'm trying to say is that however small those insignificant lies may have been, these feelings of anxiety are starting to over flow. I think I may be able to confess that I talk sh*t 24/7, so beware, you also happen to be reading it. But, the honest and meaningless truth is... I do. Not. Care... And neither should you.

Motto of the story, I have come to discover that the more I say, what I actually want to (the truth), the better the outcome. Even if sometimes feelings get hurt, including mine. Because the truth is an all healing glue. Honestly... Speak what's on your mind... In the appropriate times of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment